If you are planning to buy a lens hood but you dont have time to go out an buy, dont worry! You can create one at home and that to within 15 min. If you have digital SLR of any of this make Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina then it time for a curve on your face.
I came across a site which contains PDF documents that can be printed and cut out to make digital lens hoods for digital SLR camera mention above. Lens hoods give better quality photographs by reducing flare caused by nonimageforming light.
Here are some advantages of using printable lens hood
– Ultra compact – can be carried unfolded.
– No waiting to order one – simply download, print, cut-out and attach.
– Redundancy – don’t worry if you lose one; just print another!
– 100% recyclable.
– Can be modified to cater for different digital SLR sensor crop factors.
– Available in both ’rounded’ and ‘petal’ versions.
And best of all…
– They’re absolutely free!
Site where you’ll find Free Lens Hood